Who we are
Our website address is: https://tumanishvili.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Tumanishvili.com acknowledges that there are many potential definitions of “personal data.” Our definition of personal data is any information about an identified or identifiable person, which can include direct identifiers, such as name, address, email address, and national identification numbers, or indirect identifiers such as location data or IP address. This list of data elements is not exhaustive, and we consider the definition of personal data in the broadest possible context.
Tumanishvili.com collects and uses information that alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you (“personal data”) in order to deliver our programs and services and inform you of various resources related to higher education IT, as described in “How We Collect and Use Data” below. This data is collected in various online forms and throughout our business relationship.
We collect and use personal data to ensure we provide you with informative and timely information about news, services, community collaboration, and professional learning opportunities that advance higher education through information technologies.
The information we hold enables us to engage in basic communication with you, helps us enhance your experiences on our website, and improve our programs and services and the efficacy of our communications with you. Tumanishvili.com and its service providers (such as event contractors) collect and use the following types of information.
Personal information you provide to us in your profile and other engagements
- When you become a member or engage with Tumanishvili.com by creating a profile, we collect personal data about you, including (but not limited to) your name, title, employer’s name, work address, email address, phone number, and demographics such as a number of years in higher education and professional interests. We ask you to voluntarily provide additional information related to age, gender, ethnicity, and other demographics, which is used to help us better understand and better advance the diversity of our community. You may edit your profile at any time to change or remove personal data, or you may choose to cancel your profile.
- We process your personal data for member and nonmember administration, to deliver member benefits to you, and to inform you of Tumanishvili.com-related events, content, and other benefits or opportunities related to higher education IT. Tumanishvili.com may also use this information to help us understand our members’ needs and interests to better tailor our programs and services.
- We may use your information to personalize your experience through recommendations on our website or in email, apps, or other service platforms to provide you with more relevant information.
- We may use your information to reply to communications you send us.
- We may use your basic personal data from your profile to automatically fill out transactional forms with your personal data to save you time and effort.
- We use your information to communicate essential information about transactions, such as an electronic receipt for a purchase or a confirmation of conference registration.
- We may inform you about our events, programs, and services of potential interest unless you have opted out of such communications (see “Communications” below).
- We retain information about your transactional history and engagements, such as participation in events, webinars, volunteering, presenting at conferences, and publication downloads to understand program and service use.
- You may opt-out of these communications and benefits at any time by unsubscribing from email and/or contacting us to remove your profile.
- If you volunteer for a working group or committee, your name, title, organization name, and optional photo may be placed on the committee’s web page and materials produced by the group. You may request to be excluded from these listings.
- If you voluntarily participate in our survey, interview, or focus group to research a matter related to higher education IT or to gauge your satisfaction with our services, the information you provide is used in aggregate, unless otherwise noted, when producing research findings and reports, and to inform improvements to our programs and services.
Publications and resource use
- We do produce various publications, reports, and educational materials, which are linked to our website. Much of our content is open access, however, some material might require membership or a profile login for access. We use Google Analytics and login information to track how often people gain access to or read our content. This information is used in aggregate to help us understand what content is most useful for our members.
In-person events and web conferences
- Tumanishvili.com hosts many professional learning events throughout the year. These include in-person conferences, training, and coaching like, as well as live online training (collectively referred to as “events”). If you register for one of our events, a web profile is required (regardless of your membership status), and we will access this data to provide you with information and services associated with the event. In addition, during the registration process, we collect voluntarily shared personal data regarding accessibility and dietary requests.
- If you are a presenter at one of our events, we will collect information about you including your name, employer, and contact information. We may also collect information provided by event attendees who evaluated your presentation and associate it with your record in our database. In certain instances and with your approval, we will make and store a recording of your voice and likeness.
- If you submit a proposal to present at our event, we will collect information about you and your co-presenters (if relevant) including name, employer, contact information, proposed abstract, and other information associated with your proposed session.
- If you evaluate proposals for our E event, we will collect information about you including your name, employer, contact information, and your evaluations of the assigned proposals.
- If you are a participant at particular events of ours (e.g., webinar or pre-conference workshop) we may share basic registration information, name, title, and institution name, with the designated presenter(s) for the purpose of planning for the event and tailoring the presentation to the group.
- We keep a record of your participation in our events as an attendee or presenter, which may be used to provide you with information about other relevant products and services or to help us better understand your interests and tailor our offerings to meet your needs.
- In association with attending particular conferences of ours, you will have the option to download our Conference and Events mobile app to help you navigate the conference and plan your schedule. The mobile app may require the device identifier associated with your device but does not require the collection or use of any other personal data—outside of what you choose to provide as part of your participant profile.
- As a participant, to facilitate networking with colleagues, we include your name, title, and organization in the event registration list, unless you opt-out of sharing this in the registration process. This list is only accessible by registered participants.
- Some of our events are sponsored. We may share your name and postal mail address with corporate participants of conferences you have registered to attend unless you have opted out of corporate participant communications in the registration process.
- We may provide you with a “lead retrieval card” at certain tumanishvili.com and affiliate conferences that contain your basic personal information. This card allows you to pass on this information to exhibitors from whom you would like to receive more information. By allowing a conference exhibitor to swipe that card, you give the exhibitor your name and contact information, including your email address.
- For some events, we may use wearable beacons. Beacons placed on participant badges help us refine our events and make future programming improvements by allowing us to observe how participants move around the meeting space and participate in select activities. A beacon ID number is associated with your participant information. Tumanishvili.com and our beacon vendor have access to this information. Aggregate data is shared with Tumanishvili.com staff for planning purposes and with corporate partners/sponsors to see traffic patterns on the exhibit floor (individual data is not shared). Beacons are not mandatory; attendees are asked to opt-in to our beacon program during the event registration process.
Visiting Tumanishvili.com website and automatically collected data
- As is a common practice on most websites, Tumanishvili.com collects certain information automatically and stores it in log files. As you interact on our websites, we may collect information about your computer or device and visits to one or more of our websites (“automatically collected data”) through cookies, Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking/URL tracking, and other tools (collectively referred to as “tracking technologies”). The types of automatically-collected data collected on our website through the use of these and other tools include the search terms you use, new or returning user information, browser information, computer or device type, operating system, internet service provider, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, and ads viewed. We may use information about your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, analyze trends, track visitor engagements, and gather the information that assists us in identifying visitor preferences. We also may use your IP address to enhance our security and investigate an actual or potential security incident. For EU data subjects, this use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests in understanding how the websites and our services are being used by you, to improve your experience on it, and ensuring network and information security.
- Please note that the Tumanishvili.com website offers some links to external sites, to which these privacy practices do not apply. We make no promises regarding the policies or business practices of these other sites.
We are collecting your Name, Email, and Phone number and the message that you are sending via Contact forms for the purpose of quick contact to you.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. Our Company securely stores your data at the Hostinger.com server.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Our Company Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
We may contact you by email, postal mail address, or phone number that you have on file with us for business purposes.
We send transactional emails to individuals with whom we have a business relationship; these are emails regarding a service you purchased or requested, and you may not opt-out of these emails.
We send marketing emails and, occasionally, postal mail which contain promotional material about our programs, resources, and services, and you may opt-out of these communications. These emails provide valuable information about events, resources on higher education IT, or new services that can help you. Where required by the applicable law (for example, if you are an EU data subject or reside in Canada), we will send you marketing information or notifications only with your consent, which is given at the time you provide us with your personal data. In such a case, if you do not provide us with your consent to the processing of your personal data for this purpose, we will not send you this information. You may unsubscribe or remove your consent at any time by using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of our emails, changing your communications preferences by logging in to your profile or contacting us using the contact information below.
If there is a concern regarding your personal data, we will contact you when required to do so by law. To do this, we will use the email address on file for you.
If for any reason you think there is a problem regarding communications to you, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
What rights you have over your data
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We do not share your personal data with third parties outside the Tumanishvili.com-authorized subprocessors.
We share your personal data with third parties that provide certain services to us to assist us in meeting business operation needs. These parties are authorized to process your personal data, on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions, only as necessary to provide these services to us. We use third-party service providers, including:
- Customer relationship management provider to help with management of business-related data
- Email hosting services to send email
- Event registration and presenter proposal submission service providers
- Exhibitor management platform
- Career center job board provider
- Discussion platform provider to manage online forums
- Providers of research and analytics services, including Google Analytics
- Email marketing service provider
- Billing and credit card merchant systems to process payments
- Providers of cloud computing infrastructure services
These providers are authorized by Tumanishvili.com for our business operation needs, however, we make no promises regarding the policies or business practices of third-parties and encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies before providing them with your personal data.
- We may disclose your personal data to our agents or subprocessors for the purposes identified above. In such cases, the agent or subprocessors will be obligated to use that personal data in accordance with the terms of this privacy notice.
- We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that it is required to do so by United States, European Union, or national law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise, or defend Tumanishvili.com’s legal rights.
What Other Exceptions Are There?
Individual Tumanishvili.com services may have their own privacy notices with further information about how they use your personal data. You are responsible for reading these policies upon engaging with these optional Tumanishvili.com services.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: +420773477056
Or write to us: email@example.com